Sclerotherapy is a simple non-surgical treatment used to eliminate superficial vessels knows as spider veins or reticular veins1,2 . This non-invasive, no-downtime treatment offered at Studio Esthetique Westchester and Bronx location involves small injection of sclerosing solution directly into the unsightly vein, using a very fine needle. Following relatively painless sclerotherapy procedure, veins start to collapse and gradually disappear.
Sclerotherapy is an FDA-approved treatment that has been successfully used for vein removal since 1930. Originally developed for treatment of varicose veins, today it is a treatment of choice for red, blue or purple veins of all sizes.
- Leg Veins
- Facial Veins
- Spider Veins
- Broken Capillaries
- Reticular Veins
Unsightly veins on the legs, face and body affect millions of people. Spider veins and other types of telangiectasias can cause pain and burning sensation. They may also be the reason you easily get tired and you legs feel restless. Sclerotherapy is a simple 20 to 30 minutes treatment that will not only remove those unattractive veins but will also eliminate the pain and discomfort associated with the problem.
- Am I A Candidate for Sclerotherapy?
- Anyone who has spider veins, reticular veins or other types of tenangiectasias on the legs, face or body is a candidate for sclerotherapy vein removal treatment. In some people veins become noticeable in their teen years. However, most often it is a problem with people between 25 and 60. Sometimes you do not know if what you see is of a vascular origin. Studio Esthetique vein clinic offers free consultation to evaluate your skin and determine if you are a candidate for sclerotherapy or laser vein treatments. Call 718-543-5050 to schedule a free consultation or request an appointment online.
- Is Sclerotherapy Vein Removal Painful?
- Sclerotherapy is a series of micro injections that cause dilated veins to gradually shrink and disappear. Because the injections are performed using a very small needle they are practically painless. Occasionally, clients may feel slight burning sensation while the medication is administered. By the time sclerotherapy treatment is compete
- What Causes Spider Veins?
- Spider veins are caused by a variety of different factors including genetic, lifestyle and vein disease. More women are typically affected by spider veins then men. Hormonal changes during puberty, childbearing and menopause are greatly responsible for vein disease in females. If your mother had a problem with vein, there is a very high probability you will have and your daughters. The problem could be worsened with prolonged standing and/or sitting which causes an increased pressure on the vein walls. Injury or trauma is often a cause of broken capillaries or vessels on the upper or lower legs. Sometimes the effects of the injury appear years after the injury has healed. High pressure from the near-by varicose vein often results in the appearance of the spider veins. Regardless of the cause, sclerotherapy sometimes combined with laser vein treatment can help eliminate up to 90 percent of these unsightly veins on your legs, body and face.
- What Are The Causes of Facial Spider Veins?
- Facial spider veins are predominantly caused by rosacea, excessive sun exposure, acne, allergies, genetic predisposition and trauma. Initially, spider veins occur around the nose and on the cheeks. In severe cased, defined vessels could be seen on the nose, cheeks, chin, forehead and chest. The surrounding skin typically appears red and irritated. Laser vein removal using an ND:Yag laser is a treatment of choice for facial veins. General redness and rosacea are effectively treated with laser facial or photo facial treatments.
- What Should I Expect After The Sclerotherapy?
- Immediately after the sclerotherapy the vein may appear slightly darker or bright red. Then, after a week they start to disappear. It typically takes two to four treatments to achieve optimal results. Often, clients are surprised at the dramatic difference sclerotherapy makes.
- Interested in Sclerotherapy, But Not Sure If You Can Afford It?
- On average you would need two to four consecutive sclerotherapy sessions timed 5 to 7 weeks apart. Our fees are affordable and are per area/per session.
- Studio Esthetique Vein Clinic offers Free Sclerotherapy consultations that can be arranged several days or a week in advance. Consultations are used to discuss your goals, help you learn about the procedures and answer all your questions. Treatments may be started on the same day.
Call 888.850.5225 today to arrange a Free Sclerotherapy Consultation in our Bronx, Westchester or New York City offices.
Disclaimer: The information on this web page is a general description of a medical treatment and does not provide result guarantees. Individual results may vary.