LASER HAIR REMOVAL FOR DARK SKIN
Laser Hair Removal Treatments
- Experts in African-American, Asian, Hispanic Skins
- Female Facial Hair
- Male Facial Hair
- Ingrown Hair & Pigmentation
- Underarm, Bikini, Chest
- Difficult Cases
- Laser Hair Removal for Fair Skin
Unwanted facial, body and ingrown hair are a common problem for both women and men of dark skin. Thank you to advances in Laser Hair Removal technology and experience of our staff treating unwanted hair on African, Hispanic, Mediterranean and Asian skin you can say goodbye to razors, waxing and depilatory creams.
At Studio Esthetique we use the latest, FDA approved, Laser Hair Removal equipment. The development of long-pulsed Nd:Yag hair lasers has revolutionized our ability to safely and permanently reduce hair growth in dark-skinned clients1,2 . Now we can custom-tailor the treatments for individuals with olive, light brown or dark brown skin.
- How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
- Lasers produce a beam of highly concentrated light that is absorbed by the melanin, or pigment, located in hair follicles. Light is converted to heat, causing thermal damage to hair follicles without harming the surrounding skin. The heat has a disabling effect on numerous hair follicles at once and results in the gradual reduction of hair re-growth.
- What Is The Difference Between Laser Hair Removal For Dark And Fair Skin?
- The skin color is determined by the amount of melanin or pigment in the skin. Because laser light is absorbed by the melanin in hair follicles you can only use long-pulsed ND:Yag laser for hair removal in dark-skinned clients. Long-pulse ND:Yag laser or dark skin hair removal laser selectively targets the pigment in the hair follicle while preserving the surrounding skin.
- Am I a Candidate For Laser Hair Removal?
- If you are concerned about unwanted hair for cosmetic or medical reasons, tired of temporary hair removal methods, or experience a problem with ingrown hairs, you are a candidate for laser hair removal. Schedule a Free Consultation today and get professional advice.
- Does Laser Hair Removal Help With Ingrown Hair?
- Ingrown Hair (Pseudofolliculitis barbae or razor bumps) is a common condition occurring in men and women with curly hair. It is often seen on the face, neck, bikini and leg areas. The problem results when hair grows back into the skin. That causes inflammation and infection and can potentially cause scarring. Sixty days after the Laser Hair Removal treatment most of the ingrown hair will disappear3 and the skin will become smooth.
- What Body Area Can Be Treated?
- Laser Hair Removal can safely and effectively be performed to remove hair on any area of the human body. The most popular areas are:
- Upper Lip, Chin, Neck Hair
- Face & Sideburns Hair
- Regular & Brazilian Bikini
- Underarm Hair
- Arm & Leg Hair
- Chest, Abdomen, Back Hair
- Shoulder Hair
- Neck Hair
- Ingrown Hair
- Ear Hair
- Is Laser Hair Removal Painful?
- Such popular hair removal procedures as waxing and electrolysis can be quite painful. Most people find laser procedures to be significantly more comfortable. Clients describe the sensation from the laser as if the rubber band is being snapped against the skin. For further client comfort, we use laser systems equipped with state-of-the-art cooling devices. Sub-zero cooling provides added comfort and protection during the procedure.
- Interested in Laser Hair Removal, But Not Sure If You Can Afford It?
- On average you would need five to seven consecutive Laser Hair Removal sessions timed 5 to 10 weeks apart. Our fees are affordable and are per area/per session. For additional savings packages are available.
FREE pre-Laser Hair Removal consultations can be arranged several days or a week in advance. Consultations are used to discuss your goals, help you learn about the procedures and answer all your questions. Treatments may be started on the same day.
Call 888.850.5225 to arrange a Free Laser Hair Removal Consultation.
Disclaimer: The information on this web page is a general description of a medical treatment and does not provide result guarantees. Individual results may vary.