Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy is a non-surgical procedure that is highly effective in addressing acne scars, dull skin, uneven skin texture, wrinkles and fine lines, and other skin problems. Not only does PRP Therapy offer a progressive way to achieve skin rejuvenation and combat skin aging, it is also commonly utilized today to tackle hair loss for both men and women. In fact, physicians from different medical fields have been using PRP injections for a wide range of applications. This treatment procedure can also be combined with fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane, or MicroNeedling for more specific results.
- Skin Tone Improvement
- Reducing Wrinkles & Fine Lines
- Skin Rejuvenation & Brightening
- Scar Treatment
- Hair Loss Treatment
- What Is Platelet Rich Plasma?
- Platelet Rich Plasma is essentially a concentrated serum processed from your own blood. Your blood is made up of four key components – plasma, platelets, white blood cells, and red blood cells. To obtain Platelet Rich Plasma, red and white blood cells are separated from the plasma and the platelets. The plasma now contains three to five times more platelets than normal blood, thus it is termed as Platelet Rich Plasma.
- How Does PRP Therapy Work?
- Similar to a routine blood test, a small amount of blood is drawn from your arm. The blood will then be placed in a centrifuge so that the separation between the red and white blood cells and the plasma and platelets can occur. After PRP is obtained and activated, it will be injected into the treatment area such as the face or the scalp to energize and stimulate new cell growth in the targeted area.
- How Long Does PRP Therapy Take?
- This in-office treatment procedure is simple and quick. The entire PRP Therapy will generally take about 30 minutes to perform. There is minimal to no downtime, and clients can usually resume their daily activities after the procedure.
- Is The Procedure Painful?
- As with most cosmetic treatment procedures, you may experience some temporary but relatively painless discomfort during the procedure. A mild pinch is felt when blood is drawn. Your consultant will make sure that you feel as comfortable as possible during the treatment session.
- Is PRP Therapy Safe?
- Because PRP is a natural product created from your own blood, this is an extremely safe procedure with virtually no risks of allergic reactions. There are no known side effects associated with PRP Therapy but like any other injection procedures, some patients may experience occasional redness and swelling at the injection site but these effects will resolve quickly within one to three days.
- Interested In PRP Therapy, But Not Sure If You Can Afford It?
- Because this is a non-invasive treatment, clients do not have to worry about the procedure being unaffordable. At Studio Esthetique, we make it our priority to offer safe and effective cosmetic procedures at highly competitive rates. You can take advantage of our free, no-obligation PRP Therapy consultation where our consultants can evaluate your skin or scalp to ascertain if you are a good candidate for this non-invasive procedure. The treatment can be started on a convenient date for you, including on the same day of your initial consultation.
Call 888.850.5225 today to arrange your free PRP Therapy consultation at our Bronx, Westchester or New York City office.
Disclaimer: The information on this web page is a general description of a medical treatment and does not provide result guarantees. Individual results may vary.